From hospitals to government agencies, large universities with massive computing power to small nonprofits with a handful of devices – anyone can become the target of a cyber crime.
More than 70% of all data breaches go undetected, and it takes an organization an average of 200 days to notice the crime. Cyber attacks are growing exponentially in both frequency and sophistication. We offer a suite of services to protect your network, your data and your reputation.
Protect your organization with Merit security services, cyber education and training programs and collaboration opportunities.
- Community CISO: Merit Community CISO services include assessing your attack surface, identifying weaknesses, developing security strategies that significantly minimize your chance of a data breach and providing guidance on regulatory compliance and reporting.
- CISO Scanner: For K-12 and smaller organizations with limited budget who need to be able to identify and mitigate cybersecurity vulnerabilities, Merit’s Chief Information Security Officer Scanner is an automated scanning service that will leverage Merit’s internal security expertise and industry leading tools to scan Member IP address space, and report vulnerabilities to be remediated.
- DDoS: With Merit’s DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) Protection, your internet-facing resources will be monitored 24×7 with mitigation steps ready to go to keep you online in the event of an attack – saving you both time & money.
- Managed Firewall: For organizations of any size and budget, Merit has a managed firewall service that will fit your needs. Unlike larger, more expensive options, Managed Firewall offers flexible billing options and is backed by our 24×7 hyper-local support.
- Professional Services: Our professional services team can provide consulting and assistance in research projects, advanced networking endeavors, security, traffic assessments, optimization and more.
- Secure Sandbox: Secure Sandbox is a virtual cloud environment that can be used to develop cybersecurity training classes, to develop and test products or to host Alphaville or any other virtual machine.
- Connected Sandbox: This connected cloud environment provides a platform for organizations to teach, test and train cybersecurity skills to their students or staff.
- Cloudflare: Cloudflare provides a cloud based enterprise-class web application firewall (WAF) to protect Internet property from common vulnerabilities like SQL injection attacks, cross-site scripting, and cross-site forgery requests with no changes to existing infrastructure. By leveraging Merit’s relationship with Cloudflare, Members can save thousands of dollars per month on the Enterprise plan.
- Hubs: A Cyber Range Hub is a magnet site for your community that brings people, schools and employers together to be part of the cybersecurity ecosystem. Using these Hubs, Merit aims to establish Michigan as the national epicenter for security training and workforce development.
- Exercises: Michigan Cyber Range exercises, powered by Merit network, offer an affordable, hands-on training environment that provides real life scenarios that teach users to detect and mitigate cyber attacks.
- Classes & Certifications: The Michigan Cyber Range features a cybersecurity education experience based upon the National Institute of Standards and Technology National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE). These training opportunities are offered both as private classes for your organization and through our Cyber Range Hubs.
- Workshops: The Michigan Cyber Range offers a range of strategic and technical seminars and interactive workshops. Topics range from cyber crimes and cyber warfare, secure coding and scripting, IT employee management and more.
- Scholarships: Through the funding of the Merit Community Supporter program, Merit offers scholarships to cover some fees associated with Cyber Education and Training courses for Merit Members who would otherwise be unable to attend.
- Academy: The Merit Academy Program is the first of its kind in the nation, offering credentialed cybersecurity certification at higher-education institutions. This program is available to any Merit Member organization.
- Alphaville & Griffinville: Alphaville is a virtual city with built-in flaws used to conduct cyber security exercises, such as Red VS Blue, Capture the Flag and Cyber Sentinel. Griffinville is a 3D virtualized representation of Camp Grayling that will be used to promote teamwork and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Governor’s High School Cyber Challenge: The Governor’s High School Cyber Challenge provides a unique and engaging opportunity for high school students in Michigan to further their understanding of cyber security
- SCOPE Community of Practice: The SCOPE community of practice is intended as a resource for individuals to share experiences and best practices, develop professionally, help others grow, gain knowledge from peers and get help with problems, in the interest of improving the state of security across all Merit Member organizations.