Re: Outages mailing list

  • From: Scott Weeks
  • Date: Fri Sep 29 20:07:13 2006

----- Original Message Follows -----
From: virendra rode // <virendra.rode@gmail.com>
> Scott Weeks wrote:
> > ----- Original Message Follows -----
> > From: virendra rode // <virendra.rode@gmail.com>
> >
> >> Ideally (if I have better luck) I would like to get
> >> providers to direct outage notices to this list. All
> > that
> >
> > That's not going to happen.  Providers don't want that
> > stuff public.  Makes 'em look bad...

> I'm sure they love FCC for that :-)

It depends on what type of providers you're talking about.
Even with ILECs, there're regulated (FCC reportable) and
unregulated (not required to report to the FCC) services.
You'll never get providers to say to your list, "Yep, we had
problems.  Here's the list of them."  It'll never happen.

> ..you may I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one :-)

Maybe if I had a beer I'd be a dreamer and that'd make
sense...
scott