Re: Outages mailing list

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Fri Sep 29 10:48:51 2006

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 01:32:35 +0200, Niels Bakker said:
> Gadi's tactics in a nutshell:
>
> 1) develop a long-term habit of posting off-topic stuff to nanog
> 2) get called on it repeatedly

OK, for the purposes of this discussion, we'll postulate that in fact,
the posting was indeed off-topic...

> 3) challenge what's supposed to be "on-topic" for the mailing list anyway
> 4) start a new mailing list in an attempt to take real content away from nanog

But if he takes the supposedly off-topic stuff away, what "real" content
is he taking away?  You can't have it both ways.  If it's sufficiently
"real" that you're concerned about it being taken to a different list,
you shouldn't have labelled it off-topic earlier.

> Don't fall for it, people.

Don't fall for what?