Re: icmp rpf

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Mon Sep 25 15:03:48 2006

On Sep 25, 2006, at 12:22 PM, Mark Kent wrote:
Jared Mauch wrote:
I would hope they're doing it for more than just ICMP packets.
yes, loose RPF, but I just care about ICMP.

I would argue should be, or is a current best practice.
OK, so I must have missed the memo :-)
It's been all the rage. :)

Who among AS1239, AS701, AS3356, AS7018, AS209 does loose RPF
(not just strict RPF on single-homed customers)?
I'm wondering why that is relevant.

If all those ASNs only filtered on ASN instead of prefix for customer announcements (for instance), would that mean no one should?

--
TTFN,
patrick