Re: icmp rpf

  • From: Mark Kent
  • Date: Mon Sep 25 12:24:37 2006

Jared Mauch wrote:
>> I would hope they're doing it for more than just ICMP packets.

yes, loose RPF, but I just care about ICMP.

>> I would argue should be, or is a current best practice.

OK, so I must have missed the memo :-)

Who among AS1239, AS701, AS3356, AS7018, AS209 does loose RPF
(not just strict RPF on single-homed customers)?

>> Did big.net just turn this on, or has it been on for
>> months/years now?

I'm pretty sure it's months and not years.
I've noticed it for a while, but it just recently drove me to the
point where I'd complain about it.

Thanks,
-mark