Re: IPv6 PI block is announced - update your filters 2620:0000::/23

  • From: Albert Meyer
  • Date: Fri Sep 15 18:49:20 2006

Yes, please, let's have that flamewar all over again... Or you could just read one or more of the previous flamewars and spare us another round. Here's a starting point:

http://merit.edu/cgi-bin/swish/swish.cgi?query=bogon+filtering&submit=Search%21&si=0&si=6&dr_o=12&dr_s_mon=9&dr_s_day=15&dr_s_year=2006&dr_e_mon=9&dr_e_day=15&dr_e_year=2006

Peter Corlett wrote:

[...]

Call me naive, but could somebody enlighten me as to what tangible benefit filtering out bogon space actually achieves? It strikes me that it causes more headaches than it solves.