Re: Nationwide Routing issues with Wiltel

  • From: Chris Stone
  • Date: Mon Jun 26 17:39:55 2006

On Mon, June 26, 2006 3:03 pm, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> I can confirm this as well, although have no proof (at this point)
> that Layer3 is necessarily to blame.  We (or rather the company I
> work for) are seeing similar between MCI/UU/Verizon and WCG when
> reaching some of our clients:

>From the Cogent NOC:

"Yes, we became aware of a problem within the Level 3 network that affected all
routing from all affiliated ISPs on the Internet. Many of our own customers
called because they were being affected. At approximately 3:45 PM EST, the
Cogent NOC was able to contact the Level 3 NOC and obtain information that the
issue should be resolved within 15-20 minutes from that time. The specifics
were not released either to our NOC or from Level 3's NOC."