RE: key change for TCP-MD5

  • From: Barry Greene (bgreene)
  • Date: Sat Jun 24 06:07:17 2006
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; l=2012; t=1151142718; x=1152006718;c=relaxed/simple; s=sjdkim1001; h=From:Subject;d=cisco.com; i=bgreene@cisco.com; z=From:=22Barry=20Greene=20\(bgreene\)=22=20<bgreene@cisco.com>|Subject:RE=3A=20key=20change=20for=20TCP-MD5;X=v=3Dcisco.com=3B=20h=3DeSPw0viJPtIeEe7RFAgO8X5yfm4=3D; b=pvuWoPK6ejc+IKvxx6Oe/NdfqsjmHTPWJZPbBP8A/bGdld+Hsou0ImZQhNVxhMMVw0PAuEbJ/U709KkB1E++ys7Um69ujlD2/2pGAIx638Y6D9f/BQWhfbT1M+gvrlK0;

At the same time, you are not going to find the SP core swapping out
their equipment for hardware with crypto chips.  SPs do not seem to want
to pay for this sort of addition. So even new equipment is not getting
hardware crypto that can be used.

So a BGP IPSEC option has to work with what hardware we've got deployed
today - not wishing the community would "just upgrade."