Re: Interesting new spam technique - getting a lot more popular.

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Thu Jun 15 06:38:08 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Chris Hills wrote:

Unless I am missing something obvious, it seems like rfc 3069 (sub/super vlans) provides an easy (interim?) solution to this dilemma.
Some ciscos can do this as well (recent IOS). IP unnumbered and static routes towards vlan interfaces means you can put customers in their own vlan and still have them be part of a larger IP subnet spanning several vlans.

Since it was Extreme that filed RFC3069 I seriously doubt Cisco will ever implement it straight up.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson email: swmike@swm.pp.se