Re: So -- what did happen to Panix?

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Thu Jan 26 10:30:58 2006

In terms of the larger question....

ConEd Communications was recently acquired by RCN. I'm not sure if the
transaction has formally closed. I suspect there are serious transition
issues occurring. "Financial Stability", "Employee Churn", and "Ownership"
are, unfortunately, tough things to factor into BGP algorithms.

http://investor.rcn.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=181194

Internet access has always been a sideline for CEC - they are more of a
provider of transport, and their customers have included some very well
known entities in the NY metro area.

Perhaps someone from RCN would care to comment?

- Dan