Re: Split flows across Domains

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Tue Jan 24 13:12:36 2006

On 24-Jan-2006, at 13:05, Joe Abley wrote:

On 24-Jan-2006, at 12:07, Robert E.Seastrom wrote:

He said "via two different autonomous domains", which I took to mean
two upstreams... and my understanding is that (on ciscos anyway)
you're talking per-packet, not per-flow load balancing.
If you can get two candidate routes for the same destination into the FIB, then you'll get per-flow load balancing as long as CEF is running, no?
(Substitute "other, similar, hash-based ECMP route selection schemes" for CEF, for routers not made by cisco. Apologies for my transient lapse into assumptions about vendor choice. And also for replying to my own mail. If anybody needs me, I'll be standing in the corner looking embarrassed.)