RE: The Backhoe: A Real Cyberthreat?

  • From: Bevan Slattery
  • Date: Sun Jan 22 16:28:52 2006

Of Daniel Golding
> Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 3:59 PM
> To: sgorman1@gmu.edu

> If I was a terrorist, I'd rather try to take out points of fiber
concentration, and my tool would not be a backhoe. I won't elaborate,
but I think most folks can > > figure out a few modalities of attack.

You're comments are spot on.  There are far more simpler, destructive,
portable, scalable and inexpensive ways to achieve the same end.  Any
fibre provider knows what they are and hopes they never happen.

An army of backhoes - that's funny.

Cheers

[b]