Re: GoDaddy.com shuts down entire data center?

  • From: Per Heldal
  • Date: Wed Jan 18 09:51:17 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:36:39 -0800, "Joe McGuckin" <joe@via.net> said:
> By all means, the Justice Dept. and police should move against anyone
> performing illegal acts such as phishing, I just don't think that it is
> ICANN or ARIN and GoDaddy's job to police good net citizenship.

You forget that the internet-services are based on best-effort. Anything
else will require accountability for everyone involved. That is
accountability going both ways so that users also can be held
accountable for *all* their actions. To achieve that you'll have to toss
any idea of anonymity for internet users. Wonder if that is what those
who complain about restricive AUPs really want ;)

Besides, whose authorities should do excactly what? Global legislation
for the internet is just about as big an illusion as the "new economy"
the internet once was assumed to create.

//per
--
  Per Heldal
  http://heldal.eml.cc/