Re: Bogon stupidity... warning... operational post.

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Thu Dec 22 13:33:36 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Robert Boyle wrote:

At 12:56 PM 12/22/2005, you wrote:
P.S. 204/8 was not the only problem, there were problems with 128/8 and
133/8 as well so my apologies to people who may have noticed problems
overnight.
199.128.0.0/9 too.
Yes, legacy blocks (with large number of smaller allocations) whenever datasize during processing exceeded certain amount. The bad data was present at 2 of 4 servers for duration of the night but dns was being changes same time as well, so I don't know how much affect there was
but apparently considerable; this is the most serious problem in months.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks