Re: SMTP store and forward requires DSN for integrity (was Re:Cluelessanti-virus )

  • From: Matt Ghali
  • Date: Fri Dec 09 14:51:04 2005

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Micheal Patterson wrote:

  They may not a choice if those that are being hammered with their
  auto-generated DSN's deem it unusually high traffic rate and
  simply black list the domains using these devices. AOL.com comes
  to mind and a few others in the recent weeks that are hammering me
  with notifications that weren't sent by anyone within my network.

I especially appreciate the ones from Yahoo!, who apparently do not
bother checking domainkeys at all before generating bounces.  gg.

matto

              The only thing necessary for the triumph
              of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke