Paging Google's Googlebot developers re. bugs

  • From: Matthew Elvey
  • Date: Sun Nov 13 14:09:32 2005

Googlebot keeps ignoring my robots.txt file, thereby hammering the server and facilitating spam.

I think I found at least 2 bugs; see this thread in the robots.txt forum thread:

I've used Google's direct contact form last Wednesday; still no ack or response.

Please don't reply w/o reading the above thread, to avoid repetition.
I'm looking for a fix, not a workaround (such as a temporary total Googlebot ban).