RE: Networking Pearl Harbor in the Making

  • From: Hannigan, Martin
  • Date: Mon Nov 07 11:15:26 2005

> On Monday 07 Nov 2005 3:42 pm, Hannigan, Martin wrote:
> >
> > It's an argument for vendor diversity.
>
> No it is an argument for code base diversity (or better
> software engineering).
>
> Vendor diversity doesn't necessarily give you this, and you
> can get this with
> one vendor.

How so? Haven't we recently seen an across the board bug in
multiple version of $vendor code?

> Vendor diversity might be a good idea, but for other reasons.

Sure. There are more reasons than one to do it. I was specifically
pointing out that code diversity is a good one - and not forgetting
associated cost and economic impacts as mentioned in a later followup.

-M<