Re: oh k can you see

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Tue Nov 01 14:22:36 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Randy Bush wrote:

> my naive view of your current deployment means that k can not
> be seen from any multi-homed sites unless one or more of their
> upstreams (recurse for tier-n) is even more clever and
> implements "t0 is our customer and we ignore NO_EXPORT toward
> customers," thus piling on yet another bit of cleverness, the
> implications of which we can discover in the next level of
> purgatory.

assuming we are talking about the well known community no-export, then i
understand the problem.

a better solution would be to peer only the anycast node, such that transit
providers continue to propagate to the global internet (minus the peers seeing
the shorter path).

for wider distribution within the region, possibly using a transit provider for
the anycast and use communities supported by the upstream to restrict
announcement to its peers or upstreams

or am i naive too?

Steve