RE: Address Space & ASN Allocation Process

  • From: Jim McBurnett
  • Date: Tue Sep 27 07:06:26 2005

I think this is operational...

I beg to differ:

http://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#four3

I have done this for a customer, and they got a /22.
There is also a policy proposal right now that would allow an end user
to get a BGP ASN, get RIR IP space and do it all at once...
http://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2005_7.htmlh Robert Seastrom is the
author of this...
Robert, you out there ??

4.3.2. Minimum assignment
4.3.2.1 Single Connection
The minimum block of IP address space assigned by ARIN to end-users is a
/20. If assignments smaller than /20 are needed, end-users should
contact their upstream provider.

4.3.2.2 Multihomed Connection
For multihomed end-users, the minimum block of IP address space assigned
is a /22. If assignments smaller than a /22 are needed, multihomed
end-users should contact their upstream providers. When prefixes are
assigned which are longer than /20, they will be from a block reserved
for that purpose.

I hope this helps...

Jim