Re: Multi-6 [WAS: OT - Vint Cerf joins Google]

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Mon Sep 12 23:27:53 2005

On Sep 12, 2005, at 7:43 PM, Tony Li wrote:

Rather, what is needed is a mechanism that allows congestion control and
mechanisms to feed into the address selection algorithms, so that when a
link does become saturated, some traffic (but not all! ;-), shifts to
alternate addresses.
Not disagreeing, but where is that implementation or RFC or draft or discussion?

We have something that works in v4 that a lot of places rely on... and that is being taken away in v6 with nothing (that has been mentioned) to replace it.

I'm just tired of people whining about the lack of v6 take up when the tools needed for many sites.

And yes, I'm fully aware that I (and others) should have been active in multi6... however, it never occurred to me that multihomed sites would be left completely out in the cold with only a token gesture.