Re: Yahoo! -- A "Phisher-friendly" hosting domain?

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Wed Aug 31 08:25:23 2005

That's good, however, I regret that the issue had to be
aired here because it didn't get attention it deserved
through "proper channels" and elsewhere...

- ferg

-- Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> But it caught my eye that SOMEBODY at Yahoo! ought to be reviewing
> domain names like "bankofthewestupdate.com"

Registrars should as well, but this is not the way the Internet works.
Sometimes, this is a good thing, sometimes, it's not.

It seems that the A RR has been pulled around 2005-08-30 21:00 UTC, so
this particular issue has already been resolved.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg@netzero.net or fergdawg@sbcglobal.net