Re: Phone networks struggle in Hurricane Katrina's wake

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Tue Aug 30 21:24:27 2005

I'll file that comment where it belongs -- in file 13.

If a major catastrophe, albeit more human than network-related
(although lots of network-related issues here, too), isn't on-topic,
than I fail to see what is.

- ferg

-- Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net> wrote:

Did I miss the memo announcing the Slashdot commentary section had been
extended to the NANOG mailing list? It is one thing to expand on a story
with useful insights, but this entire thread is just restating the obvious
for the sake of hearing your own voice (or the digital equivalent
thereof). If I wanted to read the uninformed reactions of random people to
random news stories wondering why cell phone circuits fill up during
natural disasters I would go to slashdot and click "Read More...". This
stuff doesn't even come close to being NANOG worthy, let alone on-topic or
appropriate.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg@netzero.net or fergdawg@sbcglobal.net