Re: as numbers

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Mon Aug 01 15:05:00 2005

On 1 Aug 2005, at 06:15, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Geoff Huston wrote:

So - to NANOG at large - if you want your vendor to include 4-Byte AS support
in their BGP code anytime soon, in order to avoid some last minute panic in a
couple of years hence, then it would appear that you should talk to them now
and say clearly that you want 4-Byte AS support in your BGP software right
now.
Geoff, excellent idea..

before I forward this email to my suppliers tho, is there a reference I can
send.. excuse my ignorance but I'm not familiar with research done on 4-byte
ASNs, is there a proposed standard implementation?

If I have something definite to request I will immediately send those emails,
draft-ietf-idr-as4bytes-10 seems to be the document to point them at.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-as4bytes-10.txt

Joe