Re: Email peering

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Fri Jun 17 11:24:10 2005

> Many large organizations already have already, in a case by case way,
set
> up private mail peering with others they exchange large volumes of mail
> with. This "trusted traffic" is often able to bypass the expense and
delay
> of the spam-filter farm, making the cost and hassle of a parallel mail
> infrastructure worthwhile to them, and everyone is happy.

Sounds good.

> I don't think what you have been talking about so far will work, and I
> don't think I'm alone in that.

That's strange because you just finished describing how
SOME companies are already engaging in email peering on
a piecemeal basis. And how these companies ARE finding
this to be beneficial in reducing costs. So please explain
why my suggestion about widespread email peering agreements
won't work?

And please don't suggest that webs of trust are not
scalable. Given the techniques of scaling that we have
in the 21st century, I simply don't believe that.

--Michael Dillon