RE: Outage queries and notices (was Re: GBLX congestion in Dallas area)

  • From: Hannigan, Martin
  • Date: Wed Jun 08 10:58:46 2005

[ SNIP ]

> OK, make a separate list (i.e. nanog-alerts) with posting
> restricted to
> those on nanog-alerts-post, and we develop a policy for being
> accepted/removed on the -post list.  Easy enough.

I think that these things are operational and belong here. Its'
the level that ras is talking about and the content. Saying
MCI has a massive fiber cut impacting 230 Congress IX vs.
GBLX is not doing what I demand are very different types of
outage posts.

I'd like to see the higher level stuff we used to do and have some
sort of information along with it vs. "i see a packet drop in XYZ".
A prefix or something. That usually makes people go look.

-M<