Re: Verizon is easily fooled by spamming zombies (was: Re: VerizonWireless.com Mail Blacklists)

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Wed Jun 01 12:54:26 2005

On Jun 1, 2005, at 12:28 PM, Steven Champeon wrote:

IOW, VZ isn't even checking to see if a zombie'd host is forging its
own domain into HELO, regardless of whether it comes from Comcast or
UUNet, and as long as the forged sender has a verizon.net address, and
the recipient hasn't blocked VZ's silly callback system, the message
is relayed. Thanks, Verizon. We can hear you now.
The other half of this is if you are on VZ's network and try to send mail through their system, you cannot unless you have a "verizon.net" from address. Or at least that was the case when my friend with VZ DSL tried to send e-mail through VZ from her personal domain.

--
TTFN,
patrick