Re: Google Is Now A Domain Registrar....

  • From: Adam Jacob Muller
  • Date: Mon Jan 31 21:25:24 2005

This would seem to make sense to me as well.
A company like google can use it's power to prevent any domain theft a la panix.com however..
they are probably also intending to make it easier for people to create custom domains for their blogs on blogspot.
I wonder if google intends to use the dark fiber in conjunction with the new video thing?
Currently it only indexes CC data, but it seems like they intend to stream video at some point.
That would require a massive amount of bandwidth, hence the need for dark fiber.

- Adam