Re: domain hijacking - what do you do to prepared?

  • From: Simon Waters
  • Date: Mon Jan 17 04:13:54 2005

We had to retrieve a domain from melbourneIT once, the kind of domain NO ONE
in the organisation would ever touch without asking me or the IT director
first!?! This was on the old ICANN transfer policy as well.

We bulk set register lock on all domains after that incident. But the whole
system depends currently on people like MelbourneIT doing it right, and being
trustworthy. I don't doubt they are trustworthy, but I suspect there is a
hole in their procedures.