North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
Re: Sunday evening meeting
- From: Bill Nash
- Date: Mon Jan 03 20:10:15 2005
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Susan Harris wrote:
At the risk of being a caustic agitator, I should imagine the outcomes
Also, what are the expected outcomes of this meeting?
We can't predict outcomes until we hear from you folks - that's the goal
of the meeting, to hear any and all concerns about moderation of the NANOG
list, selection of talks for the meetings, and whatever else is on your
mind. We'll then take your input back to Merit and the program committee
and suggest some potential solutions.
- A change of moderation policy and practices for the mailing list.
- A change of moderators for the mailing list.
- A change of venue for the mailing list.
At the minimum, one would hope to see:
- Periodic reminders of what's on topic and what isn't.
- A working warning system for repeat short-term offenders.
- Increased visibility into the why's of sanctions applied to productive
- Actual responses to direct queries regarding policy and actions.
From the dearth of emails sent by the various folks who crawled out of the
woodwork with denigrating remarks about what I could reasonably expect
with my direct request for moderator comment on ratification of the list's
charter, I'd say this last item is the most significant. I am, in fact,
still waiting, as many people predicted I would be. I realize I may seem
the interloper on this subject, as a read-only non-expert for most of the
common discussions, but at the very minimum I would 'reasonably expect'
the professional courtesy of a response, even if it had been as minimal as
"This can be discussed at the next meeting."
I'd rather be blown off with some well placed smoke or sunshine than be
made to think I'm null routing my own email.