Network Monitoring System - Recommendations?

  • From: Charlie Khanna - NextWeb
  • Date: Thu Oct 28 03:04:10 2004

Hi – I was interested in finding out what software applications other ISPs are using for network monitoring?  For example:

1)       Overall network health – uptime reports

2)       Backup router config automatically

3)       Bandwidth reporting (or integration with an MRTG-type app)

4)       SNMP trap support (BGP/OSPF session drops – emails out)

5)       Database back end (port info into or over to other apps)

I’m just looking for something well rounded for a small ISP.  I’ve heard about OpenNMS and other apps but I’d like to get everyone’s feedback.  Thanks!

-Charlie