CWDM Test Gear

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Thu Oct 07 15:16:04 2004

(If there is enough interest I will summarize to the list, or privately amongst the interested).

Can anyone recommend a few relatively simple-to-use pieces of test equipment one could use to test say: a) the presense of a lambda [or multiple ones] in the CWDM range on a piece of metro fiber, b) the color of each lambda, c) other cool things.

If the signal is there, the SFP can give us most of this info. The idea is that for set up, testing, repair of a working system I'm looking for a couple of out-of-band items that are relatively trivial. I don't want to deploy an OTDR test kit at every POP if I can avoid it.

suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

Deepak Jain
AiNET