IPv6/IPv6 threat Comparison Paper available for review

  • From: Darrin Miller
  • Date: Mon May 10 21:15:44 2004

Hello all,

Sean Convery and I have done a paper comparing IPv6 and IPv4 security threats. We will be presenting an overview of the paper at the NANOG meeting at the end of the month. We wrote this paper from and enterprise edge perspective, but are looking to potentially expand it's scope to service provider networks as well. In advance of that meeting Sean and I wanted to provide the URL for the paper and ask for comments on the paper and also potential areas of expansion. Thanks.

http://www.cisco.com/security_services/ciag/documents/v6-v4-threats.pdf

P.S. - It should be noted that this paper was completed in January and needs to be updated with some information from the latest IPv6 developments (site local deprecated, etc.)

Darrin Miller
Cisco Systems, Inc.
dmiller@cisco.com
(614) 718-2708