RE: Question about obtaining ASN #

  • From: McBurnett, Jim
  • Date: Thu May 06 16:23:39 2004

->i think you only need to wait until 30 days before, not 11
->hours before.
->
->ARIN in my experience responds with reasonable promptness to
->ASN requests,
->and assuming your paperwork is in order, you really are
->worrying unnecessarily.
->

I second that..
When we multihomed, I gave the info and had my AS in about 24 hours.
We had the IP's were using them, both providers in house.
Went multihomed the day after the AS was given.
The only thing I suggest you worry about is making sure the 2
providers give you time/date for an engineer's time.

It took me more time to set that up than anything else...
and even then only 2 calls at my sales support engineers staff....

Later,
Jim