Re: London Power outage

  • From: Will Hargrave (by way of Will Hargrave <will@harg.net>)
  • Date: Fri Aug 29 05:17:40 2003

On Thursday 28 August 2003 22:00, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> I saw it on CNN but it sounds like it wasnt as bad as they wanted to make
> out.. frmo what I was told none of the major colos which are all in the
> East lost utility and I dont know about stuff in the South which is where
> the power was out.. seems theres not much of interest there from a netork
> pov.

None of our network (mainly west London) was affected. Media reports that it
just hit [mainly residential] south London, so didn't affect either Docklands
facilities nor the various datacentres in the west (Park Royal etc) and
south-west (Heathrow).

It did knock out most of the tube system by my experiences. Fights at bus
stops; so much for the 'stiff upper lip' ;-)