Re: virus or hacked?

  • From: Jack McCarthy
  • Date: Wed Aug 20 14:31:43 2003

Chris,
Chances are that you're not but...make sure you block the following ports (at a
minimum) at your firewall:

135
137-139
445

If you don't have a firewall, you need to get one installed ASAP.  In the
meantime, install a personal (software) firewall - if the circumstances allow.
If you are getting pop-up ads on that server, who knows what else is going on.

-Jack