Re: Virus emails from nanog mail list

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Aug 19 13:09:24 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:42:49 EDT, David Diaz <techlist@smoton.net>  said:

> Obviously some bot has gone threw the nanog list and is now forging
> headers such that they appear to come from those addresses, and they
> are attaching viruses.

More likely, some poor lurker at the IP address listed has gotten hit with
one of the *MANY* worms that forge the From: field, and it's happily
forging in the name of all the most common NANOG posters.

My guess is it's w32-SoBig.F.  But only because it's today, and that one
seems to be busy today.  Ask me next week, it'll be another one. ;)