Re: Power outage in North East

  • From: Miles Fidelman
  • Date: Thu Aug 14 20:47:03 2003

Despite some news reports, Boston does not seem to be effected by the
blackout, nor is MA in general.

As I recall, there was some talk earlier this year about connecting the
MA grid to the NY area grid - but that talk got stalled.  I think people
were worried about insufficient connectivity and resources, and getting
dragged down by just the kind of scenario we're seeing right now.