RE: Port blocking last resort in fight against virus

  • From: Mike Jezierski - BOFH
  • Date: Tue Aug 12 15:04:52 2003

At 11:40 -0700 8/12/03, Randy Bush wrote:
 > As a larger than average end user and what could
 be called a small ISP,  I really can not image
 legitimate traffic on 135..
 who in there right mind would pass NB traffic in the wild?
the days of giving intelligence tests to customers is long gone.
the job of an isp is to deliver packets.  maybe your customer
is foolish.  but break their ceo's access and you're their ex-
isp.

randy
My experience seems to be that as the ISP we're blamed when the subscribers gets a virus, because after all it's our network that sent the customer the virus.

-- Mike