Re: RPC errors

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Tue Aug 12 11:27:05 2003

Jim Shankland wrote:
On the not so bright side, I'm getting a steady stream of port 135
SYNs from my fellow Comcast customers (i.e., presumably on my side
of Comcast's filters), which may mean the horses have mostly already
left the barn.

You'll see a lot of this. Establishing blocks in the local networks is more time consuming than it's worth. Blocks are usually only in place temporarily while other business practices are carried out; as any good neighbor tries not to harrass fellow networks. Once decontamination starts and users are fixed or suspended from service, blocks will usually be removed and the world goes back to normal.

My own network has a two week deadline, although I'm gunning for being done this week.

-Jack