Re: WANTED: ISPs with DDoS defense solutions

  • From: E.B. Dreger
  • Date: Fri Aug 01 21:08:16 2003

PH> Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:09:34 +0300
PH> From: Petri Helenius

PH> However, since improvements are always welcome, please
PH> recommend tools which would allow us to progress "above and
PH> beyond" C and itīs deficencies.

I'll pick on you for a bit, although this applies to all too many
technical people; I, too, slip up periodically.  When people
write "it's" instead of "its" and other such mistakes, is any
programming language sufficiently idiot-proof?  (Answer: Only if
bugs absolutely cannot result in exploitable software.)

Veering OT a bit, C class libraries have all sorts of bells and
whistles to simplify "features".  Why not add classlib support
for safe programming, such as bounds-checked buffers?  Some of us
write/use our own, anyway...

Eddy
--
Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 316 794 8922 Wichita