Re: maybe this should be on sec focus but.

  • From: Patrick_McAllister
  • Date: Fri Aug 01 14:50:05 2003

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_MIMAIL.A

                      Forrest Houston
                      <fhouston@east.is        To:       Drew Weaver <drew.weaver@thenap.com>
                      i.edu>                   cc:       "'nanog@merit.edu'" <nanog@merit.edu>
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: maybe this should be on sec focus but.
                      owner-nanog@merit
                      .edu

                      08/01/2003 02:28
                      PM

That's funny, I had atleast one person here receive a similar email which
was forwarded on to me.  I ran it through McAfee (4.5.1 engine, 4.0.4280
DAT) and it picked it right up (Trojan Name: Exploit-Code Base
http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=99383).
Potentially it's a different incident than what they are talking about but
the admin@domainname and the attachment are similar (it was a zip file
containing an html file [according to the extensions]).

Forrest