RE: Just a quick thought...

  • From: Lars Higham
  • Date: Fri Aug 01 10:36:30 2003

Better gas mileage?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog@merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog@merit.edu] On Behalf Of
Jerry Eyers
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 7:49 PM
To: nanog@merit.edu
Subject: Just a quick thought...

I haven't had time to look, but just for my clarification, why was IPv8
not pursued further.  I remember there was a discussion on IPv6 vs IPv8
and the argument to go directly to IPv8 instead, but I had to drop out
from following the discussions since.

Anyone remember the outcome?  It seems obvious IPv6 won, but I am
curious as to why...

Jerry

jeyers@rebma.com