Re: Weird email messages with "re:movie" and "re:application" in the subject line..

  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine
  • Date: Thu Jun 26 14:49:10 2003

Why? To mark-o-spam their own sodding product.

<sed-script-on-web-oids-mode>

Hi Steve, being a sed-script-on-web-oids, I've decided I need to tell
you about an exciting new Internet Security product, and in language
that you should be able to read, if you match our buyer model for the
ease at which we can get this push-contact converted to click-through.

More boring text follows.

</sed-script-on-web-oids-mode>

Yeah. The anti- product marketeers are culpable too.

Cheers,
Eric