RE: Suspected SPAM: NAT for an ISP

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Thu Jun 05 06:08:00 2003

This question appears to be as to whether the @home setup presented at nanog28
is a good idea rather than the usual 1918 on public links.

This is not uncommon for cable modem users etc

And yes, things will break like voip, vpns.. but I guess its up to the service
provider as to whether nat-only apps are considered supported or not. (There are
no violations of 1918 in this which is the usual topic along these lines.)

So is that it, thread done? :)

Steve