Fwd: A warning from Register.com, Inc.

  • From: David Diaz
  • Date: Sat Feb 22 01:07:17 2003

Title: Fwd: A warning from Register.com, Inc.
Thought this might be important.  If anyone has any more information please post.

dd

We have learned that a Website located at Renewal-Center.com
has been soliciting our customers and encouraging them to
renew and enter their credit card, address, and other personal
information.

Register.com is not affiliated with Renewal-Center.com. Any
renewal attempts through this site will not be successful.
The personal information that you have provided to Register.com
remains safe and secure.

If you receive a solicitation from Renewal-Center.com, delete
it. Customers who fall prey to this scheme could have their
personal information abused. If you have already submitted your
credit card information to Renewal-Center.com you should
contact your credit card company immediately and have the
card number cancelled and report the problem as fraud.

We have taken the appropriate steps to have this Website turned
off so that none of our customer's accounts or personal
information will be threatened. In addition, we've contacted
the appropriate authorities who are taking all necessary steps
to address this situation.

Register.com's customers are incredibly important to us. As
always, we are committed to providing a secure environment for
our customers and their information.

Should you have any questions regarding this email or any inquiries
concerning your Register.com account, please do not hesitate to
contact us through our Website (http://www.register.com) or by calling:

Within the U.S. and Canada: (800) 899-9723
Outside the U.S. and Canada: +1 (902) 742-1466

Sincerely,
Richard D. Forman
President and CEO
Register.com, Inc.