RE: VoIP QOS best practices

  • From: chaim fried
  • Date: Mon Feb 10 13:35:06 2003

I have tested this in lab settings for video over IP (t1 with multiple
384k calls and data) , and came to that same conclusion. While it works
on the tail and needs to be implemented bi-directionally (which never
happens). There is no reason to implement QOS on the Core. Having said
that, there still seems to be too many issues on the tier 1 networks
with pacekt reordering as they affect h.261/h.263 traffic.