RE: Remote email access

  • From: Al Rowland
  • Date: Tue Feb 04 13:25:30 2003

Don't even need that. I can telnet into the appropriate server/port from
a command prompt but, like your solution below, that is not non-geek
friendly. We need a solution that is AOL user friendly, not NANOG user
friendly if we ever expect to make money with this thing called the
Internet. This will always be tragedy-of-the-commons; the very things
that make service attractive for Joe PayingCustomer also make it easy
for Joe Spammer/Hax0r.

Open<->Secure, choose your business plan carefully. Good Luck.

Best regards,
Al Rowland