RE: routing between provider edge and CPE routers

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Wed Jan 29 20:56:22 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Mike Bernico wrote:

> Is there someplace I can find tidbits of information like this?  I
> haven't been alive decades so I must have missed that memo.  Other than
> this list I don't know where to find anyone with lots of experience
> working for a service provider.

Well, this list... in the old archives.  The current backbone design
issues were pretty much tossed around in 93-94, the "defensive networking"
concept included.

> I've never heard of software like that.  Do you have a recommended
> vendor?  Is it typically developed in house?

There's no sustainable market for those, so they're always home-built...
Often it is just a collection of scripts and some RCS to keep configs in.

> What can I say, I must work cheap!

:)

--vadim