Re: Anybody doing a "Code Green" for 1434?

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Mon Jan 27 01:06:35 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:35:19 EST, "Stewart, William C (Bill), SALES" <billstewart@att.com>  said:

> Even if people don't want to run it on the open internet,
> due to concerns about appropriateness of reverse hacking,
> it might be useful for inside-the-firewall cleanup
> for corporations that get hit.

It's inappropriate inside a corporation for the same reason it's not
right for the open internet.

But hey, if you don't wanna get paid this time around because somebody
installed a patch that rebooted the payroll server and it didn't come back..
Well.. it's your paycheck, not mine.

I mean.. really.  if a company needs a "code green" tool to clean up after this
for their own internal stuff, the right answer isn't code green, the right
answer is outsourcing their IT to someplace that has a clue.

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer