Re: fast ethernet limits

  • From: blitz
  • Date: Fri Jan 10 17:55:47 2003

AGREED, one end and one end only, or youre asking for a ground loop....ground the end with the best, shortest path to earth ground.....in his case, that would prob be the telco room end, "usually" theres a decent ground there somewhere.....
Mileage may differ...

At 16:30 1/10/03 -0600, you wrote:

Joel Jaeggli wrote:
[...]
> moreover they're signifcantly harder to install since they need to be
> properly grounded and shielded at both ends.

  I've actually seen some very impressive ground loops.  I'd ground one
end.  (Actually I'd use fiber, but hey.)

Peter E. Fry